Conduct Inspection duties include but not limited to layout of sheet metal components, large formed, pressed or machined products using surface plate and standard measuring instruments techniques.
· Primary Inspection duties include but not limited to layout of sheet metal components, large formed, pressed or machined products using surface plate and standard measuring instruments techniques.
· Perform additional inspections of supplier component parts and in plant Precision Machined component parts.
· Knowledgeable of Continuous and Lot/ Batch Sampling Plans in accordance with MIL-STD-1916 within an ISO9001 Quality System.
· Train others, as required, in proper methods, gage and tool use, segregation of nonconforming parts, data recording and reporting.
· Successful candidates must be able to become certified in non-destructive testing as a level II in dye penetrant inspection disciplines.
· Must have corrected vision to Jaeger #1 at 12 inches and pass color blindness test for dye penetrant inspection.
· Perform all related inspections according to Standard Operating Instructions, Standard Operating Procedures and Inspection test plans.
· Make accept/reject decisions of material based on experience, product knowledge, Standard Operating Instructions, Inspection Test Plans and customer design requirements.
· Follow established technique for proper examination of product under inspection, ensuring strict adherence to safety regulations.
· Apply testing criteria in accordance with applicable specifications or standards and evaluate results
· CMM operator level experience preferred.
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
Knowledgeable in layout inspection procedures.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, mathematical concepts and quality operating instructions. Ability to present information and respond to questions from management and/or customers as required.
Principals of Non Destructive Testing & Inspection (Dye Penetrant Inspection)
Use of Standard Measuring Instruments (micrometers, calipers, etc.)
Basic understanding of Blue Print reading
Capable of understanding detail work instructions.